Re: [ecasound] EcaEnveloptor 0.1.0

Subject: Re: [ecasound] EcaEnveloptor 0.1.0
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Sat May 05 2001 - 05:01:55 EEST

On 4 May 2001, Arto Hamara wrote:

> I've put together a small graphical envelope editor to make use of
> generic linear envelopes (well they were implemented for this app,
> but anyways...). It's pretty crude right now, but I decided to make

Oh boy! This just so cool! :) Any Windows audio app let's you edit
amplify and pan envelopes, but how about this: draw an envelope and
attach it to _any_ ecasound effect, preset or LADSPA plugin!

It took a while to get this working (I had to recompile the gtk/gnome
python bindings), but it was worth it.

> an early release to see what folks think about it (and maybe now Kai
> will stop bugging me about it ;)).

Of course I won't... oops, I mean I will. ;) As the first feature request,
it might be good to have some label on the high and low limits telling
what those fields are. I spent a while wandering why there was no output
--> the low and high limits where 0.0 -> 1.0, which again lead to
-ea:0.0 -> -ea:1.0 -> silence.

> Take a peek at
> http://slayground.yok.utu.fi/software/ecaenveloptor/

I added ecaenveloptor to www.eca.cx projects page:

http://eca.cx/eca_links.html

And here's a screenshot of me applying a resonant lowpass filter envelope
to the classic amen drumloop :) ...:

http://eca.cx/screenshots/ecaenveloptor-0.1.0.png