[ecasound] a SB Live/Alsa Question

Subject: [ecasound] a SB Live/Alsa Question
From: Steve Morris (morris@buinea.com)
Date: Sat May 05 2001 - 02:26:01 EEST

Hi All,

Forgive me if I'm posting off topic but I'm hoping someone has figured
this out and can point me.

I recently set up a Linux 2.4 Debian Based system, Alsa 0.9b3 and the
latest ecasound out of CVS. That and a scavenged 4 gig SCSI drive solved
my problems with glitches when recording with ecasound. Finally working
smoothly (almost).

The alsamixer for the emu10k1 has become so complex I am no longer able
to record properly using ecasound. I'm actually using OSS emulation when
recording because it appears less prone to underruns.

Anyway, if anyone can point me to a good description of which mixer
controls I should be concerned with, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Steve