[ecasound] splitting sound files at the console

Subject: [ecasound] splitting sound files at the console
From: Andrew Skretvedt (ats_droid@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 00:47:55 EEST

Ecasound looks like a great piece of software. I'm just learning how to use
it. I have a favorite hour-long radio show that I record to a WAVE file.
Normally, I use a Windows editor to go back and chop the file up into
separate WAVEs based on the length of the songs in the show's playlist.
Then, I shove those files through an MP3 encoder and get individual MP3s for
each song in the program.

Could anyone give me an idea how I might employ ecasound to chop up the
original WAVE file at the console?

The playlist contains start and stop times for each file, which I've been
using in my Windows Editor, but there's still a LOT of mousing around that
needs to be done that way.

CHOP CHOP CHOP, like the Iron Chef!

-Andrew