Re: [ecasound] splitting sound files at the console

Subject: Re: [ecasound] splitting sound files at the console
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 03:45:41 EEST

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Andrew Skretvedt wrote:

> it. I have a favorite hour-long radio show that I record to a WAVE file.
> Normally, I use a Windows editor to go back and chop the file up into
> separate WAVEs based on the length of the songs in the show's playlist.
> Then, I shove those files through an MP3 encoder and get individual MP3s for
[...]
> Could anyone give me an idea how I might employ ecasound to chop up the
> original WAVE file at the console?

If the song length information is accurate, you can do it all in one batch
run:

--cut--
ecasound -i radio_show.wav -y:0.000 -o track01.mp3 -t:60.000
ecasound -i radio_show.wav -y:60.000 -o track02.mp3 -t:60.000
ecasound -i radio_show.wav -y:300.000 -o track03.mp3 -t:60.000
--cut---

So '-y:seconds' specifies the starting offset inside the big wave file,
while '-t:seconds' is used to set the overall processing time. As the mp3
output files are new files, they start from position 0.000.