Re: [ecasound] synchro problem

Subject: Re: [ecasound] synchro problem
From: Anthony (avan@uwm.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 17:58:17 EET

* Roy Cutler <rcutler@bigfoot.com> [Mar 16 01 08:43]:
> Hi, I'm enjoying exploring ecasound and am becoming comfortable with the way
> it does things. But I am having a problem with synchronization. I've tuned
> disks, etc and the system is working well. I already have a vocal and drum
> track (that seemed to work fine but it was several days ago and I don't know
> if I'm doing something differently.).
>
> Here is what the recording command looks like:
>
> ecasound -r -b:32 -f:16,2,44100
> > -a:1 -i drums.wav
> > -a:2 -i vocal1.wav
> > -a:1,2 -o /dev/dsp
> -a:3 -i /dev/dsp -o guitar2.wav

Are there any errors reported in the logs? Have you tried first mixing
the drums and vocals into a single monitor track for recording your
guitar track? This might show if this is an overhead issue. Are you
sure you have tuned your disks properly. This was my big
problem. After my initial tweaking I still had recording problems but
a little more playin' about fixed them up. This may sound stupid, but
did you save you hdparm tunings to be reloaded at boot (i.e. are they
set in rc.local or some such place)? Ant.