[ecasound] metronome/click track

Subject: [ecasound] metronome/click track
From: Rob Coker (rcs@birch.net)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 17:27:54 EEST

I'm planning to use ecasound in a recording project (so is everybody else
here, right...). I would like to start with a click track to be able to
monitor while I put down scratch guitar tracks, then a bass line and vocals
.... Anyway, I didn't see a facility for a metronome or anything like it.
I had a couple of options for ways to do it, if it hasn't already been done
and I just am not good enough yet to figure it out. Here they are:

1. Have a chain with a -em (or similar) with rate for a metronome as a
primitive effect.
2. Have a chain with a sine wave followed by a time-based amplitude effect
which would be zero except when the metronome was supposed to be clicking.
The amplitude effect could actually be a tremolo if it had the freedom to
set duty cycle and rate.

I'd be willing to implement either choice, but am looking to find out if I'm
reinventing the wheel and also what others would like.

Rob Coker