[ecasound] Re: your mail

Subject: [ecasound] Re: your mail
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 16:44:14 EEST

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, Frank Meurer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a ecasound newbie and I have a problem which I didn't find in the docs
Welcome aboard!
> (maybe not found?).
>
> I have a 2-track live-recording or a recording of an old LP as one big
> file and I want to cut it in single wave files for burning on an audio-CD.
> Because I want to burn the CD in DAO mode (with no padding like "cdrecord
> -pad") I want to cut the big file in separate song files with each of them
> with a length of a multiple of 2352 bytes (due to audio-CD).
> My question: How can I set cutpoints in this big file between single songs
> so that each separate wave file is ready-to-burn for a DAO audio-CD?

Well, I guess there is more than a single way to solve this problem
and that some might come up with more efficient ones
(command-line-wise) than mine, but here it is:
You want to use the -y and -t options to split your big file; it
requires you to find out how long you want each track to be before
going ahead. Suppose a 15 minutes recording that you would want to
divide into three 5 minutes tracks:
# ecasound -b:512 -c -f:16,2,44100 \
-a:1,2,3 -i:whole.wav \
-a:1 -t:300 -o:track1.wav \