[ecasound] native effects vs. LADSPA

Subject: [ecasound] native effects vs. LADSPA
From: Rob Coker (rcs@birch.net)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 17:27:56 EEST

I don't intend to start a holy war by this post (which is what always
happens when you say which of two things is better), but I would like
people's thoughts.

What are the tradeoffs between using the native ecasound effects versus
using nearly all LADSPA effects? I'm considering making some effects
(primarily guitar oriented) and would kind of like to get insight into which
would be most beneficial. Obviously, LADSPA would have more potential
users, but if making them native would make them a lot more efficient (I
don't know if this is the case or not), then it may be better to go that
route.

Thoughts?

Rob