[ecasound] changes to recognize alsa

Subject: [ecasound] changes to recognize alsa
From: Jeremy Hall (jhall@uu.net)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2000 - 02:36:07 EEST

Hi,

Somebody said that alsa isn't recognized any more.

Make sure your internal plugins directory in ~/.ecasoundrc is
/usr/local/lib/ecasound-plugins, not, /usr/local/lib/ecasound/plugins

Personally, I think /usr/local/lib/ecasound/plugins is a better deal, but
the installer wants /usr/local/lib/ecasound-plugins, so I changed the
directory.

notes:

when building a static ecasound, there is no support for the plugins, it
would be nice to link them all in at compile time. yeah it'd be messy and
huge, but at least the plugins could be used.

another option would be to somehow allow it to dynamically try to link in
objects it finds, even though the ecasound binary itself is statically
linked. I do not know if this would be easy to code, just a thought.

right now, I'm seeing some strange buffer problems, my alsa compile won't
work, ivestigating.

_J