Re: [ecasound] a MIDI problem

Subject: Re: [ecasound] a MIDI problem
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp@bright.net)
Date: Sat Aug 19 2000 - 23:41:24 EEST

Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> Hmm, are you using ALSA in native mode or via OSS-emulation? There have
> been some problems with ALSA's OSS-rawmidi emulation (haven't tested
> this recently). If you are using ALSA in native mode, check your
> ~/.ecasoundrc. You should have something along lines:
>
> midi-device = /dev/snd/midiC0D0
>
> Normally (OSS-rawmidi), it's:
>
> midi-device = /dev/midi

I assumed ecasound simply utilized ALSA in native mode, but when I
checked .ecasoundrc I found /dev/midi instead of /dev/snd/midiC0D0 so I
made the substitution. The problem no longer occurs, but the effect in
the example is rather subtle or I'm not doing something else correctly.
Kai, can you whip up something I could try that would create a more
dramatic effect ? I'll try hacking something together here too, but my
experience with ecasound is still too limited to know for sure what I'm
doing.

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/index.html