Re: [ecasound] a MIDI problem

Subject: Re: [ecasound] a MIDI problem
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 19:53:14 EEST

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Dave Phillips wrote:

> The sound starts all right, but after a few seconds it pops loudly then
> disappears. After a few more seconds it starts but dies again. The problem
> occurs only when the MIDI controller stream is active. I'm feeding
[...]
> I'm using ecasound 1.7.9r13 and the ALSA 0.5.9a driver for a SBLive!
> Value. I haven't researched ecasound's ALSA support, perhaps I'm missing

Hmm, are you using ALSA in native mode or via OSS-emulation? There have
been some problems with ALSA's OSS-rawmidi emulation (haven't tested
this recently). If you are using ALSA in native mode, check your
~/.ecasoundrc. You should have something along lines:

midi-device = /dev/snd/midiC0D0

Normally (OSS-rawmidi), it's:

midi-device = /dev/midi

 . http://www.eca.cx/aivastus ... [ aivastus net radio ] /\ .