[ecasound] a MIDI problem

Subject: [ecasound] a MIDI problem
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp@bright.net)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 21:35:39 EEST

Greetings:

  I have a problem when using this command sequence:

ecasound -i tant_mabellis.wav -o /dev/dsp -ef3:1000,1.0,1.0
-kos:1,500,2000,1,0 -kos:2,0.2,1.0,0.5,0 -kx -km:1,0.1,1.5,2,0

  The sound starts all right, but after a few seconds it pops loudly then
disappears. After a few more seconds it starts but dies again. The problem
occurs only when the MIDI controller stream is active. I'm feeding
ecasound the controller values from an external sequencer, the settings
are correct, and the stream isn't very dense (about 3 per quarter note at
120 bpm).

  I'm using ecasound 1.7.9r13 and the ALSA 0.5.9a driver for a SBLive!
Value. I haven't researched ecasound's ALSA support, perhaps I'm missing
some essential instructions. But if anyone else knows what I'm doing
wrong, let me know. I'd like to experiment with MIDI control of ecasound,
and any advice would be vastly appreciated.

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/index.html
        http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/linuxsound/