Re: [ecasound] Miscellaneous things again

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Miscellaneous things again
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Sat Aug 19 2000 - 20:58:17 EEST

On 13 Aug 2000, Sami Lempinen wrote:

> I have been experimenting with the preset effects (by copying them
> verbatim to my chainsetup -- how does one use a preset as a preset?),

Hmm, presets inside presets are not yet supported, but probably will be in
1.8.x.

> annoying as I have to crank the volume up to listen to my own crap,
> and as soon as I switch to the the Guano Apes MP3s my speakers blow. I
> assume that this is due to the wide range of dynamics in my synth
> backgrounds, and I think a limiter would do a good job here also. Does
> anyone have good tips on applying a limiter/compressor to a mix of

-eca effect should fit your needs (first compress and then
amplify). Optimal parameters aren't necessarily
easy to find, but there's no way around this, you just have to
experiment. I guess a combined compress+amplify effect (normalizer that
is) would be useful.

 . http://www.eca.cx/aivastus ... [ aivastus net radio ] /\ .