Re: [ecasound] config.h

Subject: Re: [ecasound] config.h
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@smtp.wakkanet.fi)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 19:31:25 EEST

On 31 May 2000, Arto Hamara wrote:

> since all the headers in ecasound-devel #include config.h, the only
> way to compile applications using libecasound is to steal autoconf

Well, first of all, config.h is only included when needed (to check
whether some component is available or not; ALSA, libaudiofile, etc).
But, but, you have a valid point. I guess it would be best to make
include guards for config.h (#ifdef LIBECASOUND_COMPILE ; include
config.h...).

> Either way, you'd need the source, which makes having devel-rpm quite
> pointless.

If you want to compile ecawave from sources, you need ecasound-devel.
And yep, you don't need all ecasound sources to do it.

--
Kai Vehmanen <k@eca.cx> ---------------- CS, University of Turku .
 . audio software for linux .. http://www.eca.cx 		 .