Re: [ecasound] config.h

Subject: Re: [ecasound] config.h
From: Arto Hamara (artham@utu.fi)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 23:17:54 EEST

Kai Vehmanen <k@smtp.wakkanet.fi> writes:

> On 31 May 2000, Arto Hamara wrote:
>
> > since all the headers in ecasound-devel #include config.h, the only
> > way to compile applications using libecasound is to steal autoconf
>
> Well, first of all, config.h is only included when needed (to check
> whether some component is available or not; ALSA, libaudiofile, etc).

Well it's included in samplebuffer.h, and I assumed almost every header
would include that. About a third does, anyway.

> But, but, you have a valid point. I guess it would be best to make
> include guards for config.h (#ifdef LIBECASOUND_COMPILE ; include
> config.h...).

Aww... ugly. I don't know if it's possible with autoconf/automake, but
it would be better if the defines were defined during compile time (in
commandline). Of course, good documentation makes it unnecessary to
look at header files at all, so maybe ugliness isn't that much of an
issue.

Then again, there's no documentation for audio devices other than
REALTIME_NULL. What's up with that?

--
,' Arto Hamara * artham@utu.fi * http://slayground.yok.utu.fi/ ,-'