Re: [ecasound] config.h

Subject: Re: [ecasound] config.h
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv@smtp.wakkanet.fi)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 23:33:56 EEST

On 1 Jun 2000, Arto Hamara wrote:

>> But, but, you have a valid point. I guess it would be best to make
>> include guards for config.h (#ifdef LIBECASOUND_COMPILE ; include
> Aww... ugly. I don't know if it's possible with autoconf/automake, but
> it would be better if the defines were defined during compile time (in

Damn I'm stupid. :) When using config.h, autoconf automatically adds
'-DHAVE_CONFIG_H' to gcc options. And this solves our problem... I'll
fix it in 1.7.8...

> Then again, there's no documentation for audio devices other than
> REALTIME_NULL. What's up with that?

Doh, that's a bug, they should all be undocumented. ;) Seriously,
what documentation are you talking about? I've documented all
audio-i/o classes with javadoc comments, but there's no other
documentation. And hey, they should be quite easy to use. I recommend
reading AUDIO_IO (audioio.h) class documentation. It defines how
audio devices behave. And additionally audioio-types.h. There you'll find
descriptions of realtime and non-realtime base classes.

--
Kai Vehmanen <k@eca.cx> ---------------- CS, University of Turku .
 . audio software for linux .. http://www.eca.cx 		 .