Re: [ecasound] weird delay in real time processing

Subject: Re: [ecasound] weird delay in real time processing
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 23:57:45 EEST

On Thu, 01 Jun 2000, Jeremy Hall wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Remember that the OSS emulation is actually a front-end to the ALSA API,
> so if the ALSA stuff is broken in the right part, the OSS stuff will also
> be broken.
This holds true only if the problem is within the driver itself, if
the problem is within the routine used to deal with a certain API
(ALSA's API, for example) using OSS emulation (another API) will
actually fix the problem. In my case I believe I have two problems,
one with ALSA devices which appears to be with ecasound only (since I
don't experience this problem with arecord/aplay) and one with the
full duplex mode which could very well be somewhere in emu10k1 ALSA's
driver. Unfortunately, the more components are involved the harder it
is to track down where each problem comes from.

S. Massy