Re: [ecasound] weird delay in real time processing

Subject: Re: [ecasound] weird delay in real time processing
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 00:53:51 EEST

Hey all,

It's been like two weeks I'm trying to track down where the problem
can be. Some stuff I did appeared to help, latest patches to ALSA
0.5.7, slightly bigger buffersize, etc. ALSA native devices are still
unusable, overly poor sound quality. I have to fall back on OSS
emulation which has much more minor problems, or so I thought, but
whenever I record to wave, which is my primary intent, the sound
quality drops again. :( It'd be nice if someone could give me an
advice on what the best chainsetup to do it could be, here's what I use: