Re: [ecasound] Recording streams

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Recording streams
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 00:33:29 EEST

On Wed, 31 May 2000, Frank Stefani wrote:

> Hi all :-)
>
> My name is Frank from Germany and I'm brand new to the list
> and to ecasound. I hope to get some help from the members of
> this list.
Welcome aboard :)

> What I first want to know is: Can I use ecasound to record
> streamed audio (RealPlayer w/ netradio)?

Hrm... unfortunately I haven't succeeded in getting relplayer working
on my machine yet. My bet is that if you can get it to decode the stream
and spit it out in a format ecasound understands (E.G: stereo 16 bits
wave) on some iostream (STDOUT) then you're on your way. :) But if you
can do that why not simply redirect it to a file and use ecasound
afterwards? Unless you want to do some realtime processing, of course...

Hope this helps a little,
S. Massy