Re: [ecasound] weird delay in real time processing

Subject: Re: [ecasound] weird delay in real time processing
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 23:48:36 EEST

On Sun, 14 May 2000, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> On Sat, 13 May 2000, S. Massy wrote:
>
> > I'm using the Latest "stable" release, 0.5.7 that is. I am using OSS
> > emulation when I get this problem, I believe that the key question is:
> > Why do I get underrun reports when using the NATIVE alsa devices?
>
> What version of ecasound, 1.7.7r11? And, I'd like to see the exact
> command-line (output to native ALSA device)...

After some experimentation here are my findings:

# ecasound -i:file.wav -o:alsa,0,0
results: Output is grabbled and I get underruns report on exit.
# ecasound -i:alsa,0,0 -o:alsa,0,0
results: Same except that since it's in realtime I get both underruns
and overruns reprots on exit.
# ecasound -i:alsa,0,1,0 -o:alsa,0,0,0
result: "ERROR: [AUDIOIO-ALSA2] : "Sample rate 44100 is out of
range!"" (huh?)
# ecasound -i:/dev/snd/pcmC0D0C -P:/dev/snd/pcmC0D0p
result: "ERROR: [ECA-AUDIO-OBJECTS] : "Format of input
/dev/snd/pcmC0D0C not recognized.""
# ecasound -i:/dev/dsp -o:/dev/dsp
result: Problem described in previous messages (note that I'm using
OSS emulation here)

note1: I have no obvious problem when using aplay/arecord to read and
write from alsa's native devices.
note2: Yes, ecasound v1.7.7r11

I'd appreciate any help as I really need my setup to be functional soon,
S. Massy