Re: [ecasound] weird delay in real time processing

Subject: Re: [ecasound] weird delay in real time processing
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 21:31:47 EEST

On Tue, 16 May 2000, S. Massy wrote:

> # ecasound -i:file.wav -o:alsa,0,0
> results: Output is grabbled and I get underruns report on exit.

Hmm, what about "ecasound -i:file.wav -o:alsaplugin,0,0"? I tried
1.7.7r11 with my AWE64Gold(isa) without problems (ALSA 0.5.5).
I might have asked about this already, but anyway, how ecasound was
installed... RPM, recompiled? If recompiled, did you have the
correct ALSA header files installed (/usr/include/linux/asound.h and
/usr/include/sys/asoundlib.h).

> # ecasound -i:alsa,0,0 -o:alsa,0,0
> results: Same except that since it's in realtime I get both underruns
> and overruns reprots on exit.

I got a few underruns (1 or 2 most of the time), but no sync problems.

> # ecasound -i:alsa,0,1,0 -o:alsa,0,0,0
> result: "ERROR: [AUDIOIO-ALSA2] : "Sample rate 44100 is out of
> range!"" (huh?)

This is probably wrong... input card0, device1 (is this a typo?),
subdevice0. As subdevice is a low-level concept, you shouldn't need
to specify it in normal use (default is -1, not 0).

> # ecasound -i:/dev/snd/pcmC0D0C -P:/dev/snd/pcmC0D0p

This is an invalid command line.

--
Kai Vehmanen <k@eca.cx> ---------------- CS, University of Turku .
 . audio software for linux .. http://www.eca.cx 		 .