[ecasound] to-do lists

Subject: [ecasound] to-do lists
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 21:14:05 EEST

I've combined the various ecasound to-do lists into one central
to-do list. In other words, the same list is found on ecasound's
web site and distribution packages (file 'TODO' in the top level
source directory). I've done this to inform you all about what
I'm doing, and to keep the list more up date to.

I've separated the list into three categories:

'Development goals' contains general info about different development
phases (1.7.x, 1.8.x, 2.x, etc).

'Upcoming features - implemented as soon as possible' lists the tasks I'm
working on right now, or soon will.

'Help - developer in trouble' lists things that should be done, but
I can't do them myself. Especially platform and compatibility issues
are areas, where I really need help (different compilers, libraries,
other UNIXes than Linux, pro soundcards, etc).

The last one - and probably the longest - is 'Wish-list - implemented if
enough demand' section. Here I list various feature requests and
ideas. If you need these, let me know. Otherwise you might have to wait
for a long time... And of course, if you want to contribute code, here's a
good list of features waiting for their implementor. ;)

BTW; This to-do file also a good place to check, what has happened to
     the ideas _you_ suggested. :)
BTW2; The latest version of the document is at:
        http://www.wakkanet.fi/~kaiv/ecasound/todo.html

--
Kai Vehmanen <k@eca.cx> ---------------- CS, University of Turku .
 . audio software for linux .. http://www.eca.cx 		 .