Re: [ecasound] future of qtecasound?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] future of qtecasound?
From: Mario Lang (mlang@home.delysid.org)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 17:43:19 EEST

jhall@UU.NET (Jeremy Hall) writes:

> One of the reasons, imho, that people really love ecasound is because it
> is feature-rich and delivers what it is supposed to. One of the strong
> reasons for this is that people decided the best way to do this is build
> the necessary tools so that the required features could be there, then
> later if somebody wanted the gui they could buid it. Many projects get
And thats also the reason why I can use it.
I am blind and limited to use console tools because there is
currently, and probably will never be, an access solution for
X windows.
Products built in a library->UI base are
IMHO the best designed things ever.
Tis design will probably enable me to use quasimodo too.

> I suppose one could argue that a GUI is needed for the program to function
> correctly, I am not one of those people since the GUI will slow down the
> processing power of ecasound. (not to mention I don't use the gui)
And it slows down the development process, as well as quite
restricting usability.

--
CYa,
   Mario <mlang@delysid.org>

<SomeLamer> what's the difference between chattr and chmod? <SomeGuru> SomeLamer: man chattr > 1; man chmod > 2; diff -u 1 2 | less -- Seen on #linux on irc