[ecasound] libecasound library build problems

Subject: [ecasound] libecasound library build problems
From: Richard A. Smith (rsmith@BITWORKS.COM)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 18:05:24 EEST

I tried to install 1.7.7 last and I ran into some linking problems.

./configure works great and as far can tell all the compiling went
ok. However when it trys to build the libecasound library I get
hundreds of "multiple definations" errors from all kinds of different
functions some of which are standard functions like vprintf or
putchar.

It's a Debian potato system using kernel 2.2.13. Just to make sure I
had all the librarys correct re-installed the glibc and the compiler
from the Frozen distribution but same result.

Any Ideas?

--
Richard A. Smith                         Bitworks, Inc.
rsmith@bitworks.com               501.846.5777