Re: [ecasound] cs-edit might be broken

Subject: Re: [ecasound] cs-edit might be broken
From: Jeremy Hall (jhall@uu.net )
Date: Mon Jan 10 2000 - 07:43:17 EET

Hi,

Jeremy Hall said:

> We need a way to "execute" a set of instructions. so we can add new chains
> and then activate them. or set some effects in motion then activate all of
> them, a sort of "commit" command.

perhaps one could try creating a new chain setup. :-)

well this worked fine except signal processing did not automatically start
after the new chain setup was selected. Perhaps if signal processing was
active in the old setup, it should be active in the new one?

what does flags: P mean?

perhaps we could have a cs-copy command that copies one setup (or selected
setup) to a new name

or, cs-inherit which picks up defaults from another chain setup. that way
cs-add cs-select, then cs-inherit would result in a copy.

_J