Re: [ecasound] reverbs

Subject: Re: [ecasound] reverbs
From: Jeremy Hall (jhall@uu.net )
Date: Wed Sep 08 1999 - 22:29:32 EEST

If one could isolate the reverb signal, one could possibly apply a
compresser or maybe a gate to crop the tops off the attack.

of course I'm not certain this would produce the effect desired.

Does the band filter (efb) work correctly?

Some of the other band filters produce squealing noises. You'd think that
the combination

-efs:440,6000 -efr:440,6000
and
-efb:440,6000 -efr:440,6000

would produce silence. They don't. I seem to misunderstand the cutoff
filters, because I seem to hear pitches in the red zone but distant--am I
hearing harmonics in the green zone?

_J