Re: [ecasound] reverbs

Subject: Re: [ecasound] reverbs
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Wed Sep 08 1999 - 23:44:33 EEST

On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Jeremy Hall wrote:

> Does the band filter (efb) work correctly?

Well, it's not perfect, but does the job most of the time.

> Some of the other band filters produce squealing noises. You'd think that
> the combination
[...]
> -efs:440,6000 -efr:440,6000
> and
> -efb:440,6000 -efr:440,6000

It seems that the band-reject filter "-efr" isn't working.
On the other hand, the above combintion might still not work,
as you've used a freq-range of -2560Hz->3440Hz (440Hz being
the center-freq).

Btw; to everybody, if you think some effect is behaving weirdly,
     notify me about it! I've had to do some big changes to the effect
     class-design and haven't yet had the time to test all effects.
     Usually these problems are caused by uninitialized class members
     or something similar. I rarely have to touch the actual
     effect algorithms so these are easy to fix.

> would produce silence. They don't. I seem to misunderstand the cutoff
> filters, because I seem to hear pitches in the red zone but distant--am I
> hearing harmonics in the green zone?

Well, simple filters like these don't have a very sharp cutoff.
What parameteres did you use?

--
Kai Vehmanen <kaiv@wakkanet.fi> -------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 . http://www.wakkanet.fi/ecasound/ - linux audio processing