[ecasound] reverbs

Subject: [ecasound] reverbs
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Tue Sep 07 1999 - 17:56:07 EEST

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Jeremy Hall wrote:

> Now I am seeing the reverb (etr) effect is rather sharp, it is like a
> mountaintop, and I want a hall or cave. What options could be used to get
> this?

Well, like many other ecasound's effects, reverb is really
simple. My todo-list is getting bigger every day, but I'll
try to find some time for adding a couple of new effects
(allpass filter, reverb based on Schroeder's designs,
phaser, flanger).

There's just so much to do. One reason why I like to keep
effects simple is that it makes easier to combine them. For
instance, you might be able to simulate common reverb sounds by
putting your input signal through multiple chains and use
reverb, delay, filters and amplify effects to shape the
sound.

The hard part is to find a good combination of effects and
parameters. This is why I find it so important to support effect
presets. If you manage to find a good effect combination,
just save it to /usr/local/share/singlechain_effect_presets
or (in the future) .../multichain_effect_presets ... And of
course, if you these send these presets to me, I can
include them to the ecasound distribution package! Contributions
are very welcome! As you might have noticed, there are now just
a few test presests in the 'singlechain_effect_presets' file
that comes with ecasound.

--
Kai Vehmanen ----------------------------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 : email                                 mailto:kaiv@wakkanet.fi