Re: [ecasound] reverbs

Subject: Re: [ecasound] reverbs
From: Vadim Tkachenko (vt@freehold.crocodile.org)
Date: Wed Sep 08 1999 - 07:59:49 EEST

Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> The hard part is to find a good combination of effects and
> parameters.

Side note: I'm planning to use the ecasound with the guitar effects
processor (GT-3, <http://www.rolandus.com/PRODUCTS/MI/BS_GME.HTM#GT-3>),
so I can second on that after playing a little with GT's patches.

Since there's no simple way to work with MIDI port on Linux (known to
me, that is), I was trying to come up with some primitive language
syntax easily understandable and easily parseable. To use C[++] would be
an overkill here, but shell/perl script would do just fine, I guess.

The absolutely magnificent feature would've been the conversion from the
parameter systems used by commercial hardware like GT-3, GT-5, but that
might violate someone's copyrights - I'm no legal expert.

Comments?

> Kai Vehmanen

--vt