[ecasound] Re: ecasound crashed while loading a new chain file

Subject: [ecasound] Re: ecasound crashed while loading a new chain file
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Tue Sep 07 1999 - 13:01:19 EEST

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Jeremy Hall wrote:

> Starting program: /usr/local/bin/ecasound_debug -c
[...]
> ecasound ('h' for help)> load chain1.fil
> (eca-chainsetup) Closing audio device/file "/tmp/in.raw".
> 0x4009273c in RAWFILE::close_device (this=0x8081608) at audioio-raw.cpp:92
> 92 fio->close_file();
[...]
> [root@pongo tmp]# cat chain1.fil
> -b:4096 -n:command-line-setup -m:simple

Actually this should just give you an error message. You tried
to load a chainsetup with name "command-line-setup", but this won't
work as another chainsetup with that name is already loaded
(default chainsetup). Hmm, maybe I should change this behaviour
(changing the name to "command-line-setup<2>" or something)...?

Anyway, the seg.fault is caused by a bug in the new .wav/.raw
file-io routines. This will be fixed in 1.5.10r5 (I'll release this
later today).

--
Kai Vehmanen ----------------------------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 : email                                 mailto:kaiv@wakkanet.fi