Re: [ecasound] ecasound crashed while loading a new chain file

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound crashed while loading a new chain file
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Tue Sep 07 1999 - 13:22:11 EEST

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Jeremy Hall wrote:

> what is this gmon.out file that is showing up all over the place? It seems
> to plant one wherever I run ecasound. There is a current one if you'd like
> to see it. I assume it is some debugging data?

This is profiling information meant for gprof. It is only
produced if you compile ecasound with --enable-debug. And
you really shouldn't do this unless absolutely necessary
as _debug versions of ecasound are really _*slow*_.

--
Kai Vehmanen ----------------------------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 : email                                 mailto:kaiv@wakkanet.fi