Re: [ecasound] Multiple little wav files, played when the user chooses

From: Jeanette C. <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 04 2017 - 11:06:53 EET

Feb 4 2017, Peter Billam has written:
> Is there a way of playing a .wav file repeatedly, when desired,
> without invoking one of these chainset-disconnecting commands ?
Hi Peter,
you can play things in a loop, that would restrict the playback to
certain times. You could work with an ea-effect on all the chains and
raising the volume of the desired chain, when it is chosen and the start
of the input comes round.

Otherwise, I'd suggest using multiple instances of Ecasound. Depending
on the restrictions you put on the input files and the number of
simultaneous plays, either two or three instances, so when one playback
has stopped, it can safely rewird to accept the next play operation, or
an instance per file.

HTH.
Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3