Re: [ecasound] hello

From: S. Massy <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 15 2012 - 18:26:24 EEST

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 04:49:06PM +0300, assa wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm just subscribed the list! I don't know whats going on here! I think
> here I could get some help and give some but I'm not very good in
> explain things and I'm too ofter too wrong because I'm a dreamer! Thanks
Welcome to the list! We accept both hard-nosed engineers and hazy
dreamers alike! :)

> for all the ecasound developers and other people! I'm used ecasound
> about four moths by a bash script! I'm wanted get more in to the
> ecasound! At the moment I'm using five inputs (guitar, bass, two vocal
> mike and drums) and one output to PA with also wav file output!
> Sometimes the ecasound do things by a mystique way for me like when I
> add a new input all levels can dropped very silence or add something
> effects etc. all levels can get really high! Maybe I'm build things very
> wrong so I must dig out things but I'm feeling I'm stocked! I try to
I think you're much more likely to get (useful) help if you include your
actual ecasound set-ups, both working and otherwise, so we actually can
see what might be wrong. Ecasound is very powerful, but its language can
be somewhat unforgiving to the absent-minded.

Also, you might consider checking Nama[1] out, which is a DAW-like
abstraction to control the ecasound engine. It's main purpose is for
recording and mixing, but it certainly can output to a soundcard as well, and
effect management is very good.
1. https://github.com/bolangi/nama

Hope this helps.

Cheers,