Re: [ecasound] channel manipulation

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 28 2012 - 04:23:09 EEST

On Fri, September 28, 2012 1:57 am, S. Massy wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 04:56:54PM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
>> Hi Patrick!
>> You can only use the playat on files. So take, what I suggested
>> earlier.
>> -a:1,2,3,4 - test.wav -a:5,6 playat,0.2.test.wav
> For the record, the etd way would be:
> -etd:20,0,1,100,100

Thanks.

> Your problem with the engine not terminating could have something to do
> with channel manipulation on loop devices.

Afaict the channels that take a loop input are not receiving any audio at
all. Is it possible that the loop input is only wanting a live feed?

I have tried the following:

+++
Channel 5,6 are silent. Channels 1,2,3,4 have audio but I'm not sure yet
if they are correct. I want to fix channels 5,6 first.

- Tested output with these two chains to make sure I'm not being stupid:

ecasound -a:1 -i test-out.wav -o alsa
ecasound -a:1 -i test-out.wav -chmute:1 -chmute:2 -chmute:3 -chmute:4
-ea:1000 -chmix:1 -o alsa

I can see a very small waveform on channel 5,6 in audacity but there is no
sound coming from those channels at all.

converter script:

ecasound -t 5 -f:s16_be,6,48000 \
-a:1,2,3,4,5,6 -i TEST_1-2.aif \
-a:1 -chmute:2 \
-a:2 -chmute:1 \
-a:3 -chmix:3 \
-a:4 -chmix:4 \
-a:5 -chmute:1 \
-a:6 -chmute:2 \
-a:5,6 -o loop,1 \
-a:7,8 -i loop,1 \
-a:7 -ea:200 -chmix:5 \
-a:8 -chmix:6 \
-a:all -o test-out.wav

+++

ecasound: ERROR: [ECA-SESSION] : "Invalid argument, unable to parse:
"-chmix:5""

ecasound -t 5 -f:s16_be,6,48000 \
-a:1,2,3,4,5,6 -i TEST_1-2.aif \
-a:1 -chmute:2 \