Re: [ecasound] channel manipulation

From: S. Massy <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 28 2012 - 19:05:08 EEST

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 11:23:09AM +1000, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> ecasound -t 5 -f:s16_be,6,48000 \
> -a:1,2,3,4,5,6 -i TEST_1-2.aif \
> -a:1 -chmute:2 \
> -a:2 -chmute:1 \
> -a:3 -chmix:3 \
> -a:4 -chmix:4 \
> -a:5 -chmute:1 \
> -a:6 -chmute:2 \
> -a:5,6 -chmix:5 -chcopy:5,6 \
> -a:all -o test-out.wav
>
> +++
I've only skimmed this thread as it unfolded, but I must say I'm a bit
puzzled as to what exactly you are trying to achieve: could you explain?
Why do you keep mixing the signal with itself?

All this channel manipulation can obfuscate things somewhat; perhaps a
simple way to debug could be to employ a two step method where you send
each channel to a single wave file and then rejoin them in a 6-channel
file again. Once you get the expected result, you could just modify your
setup to do it in one go.

Cheers,
S.M.