Re: [ecasound] lossless conversion broken?

From: Dan Muresan <danmbox@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 31 2010 - 23:08:50 EET

> yes, ecasound always converts to 32bit float internally, even if no
> processing is applied. Basicly float is used in all the internal APIs, so
> it's the only way to pass buffers around in ecasound.

OK, I thought so too.

Not to be too too pedantic -- but now that this question is out in the
open, how does ecasound convert PCM to float? I'm surprised to see
both small and large samples being distorted. And, indeed it seems
logical that for 24 bits the int - float - int conversion could be
made transparently.

-- Dan