Re: [ecasound] lossless conversion broken?

From: Dan Muresan <danmbox@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 31 2010 - 23:03:21 EET

> I don't know which tool on the way has which bugs - for example, some
> zero padding might appear, i.e. you might be comparing different

No. Both files have the same length, and all differences are off-by-1
errors, as I stated from the beginning.

> samples. But, as I stated, there are enough bits.

There's no need to write C code to show that "in principle" you can
store a 24-bit int in a 32-bit float accurately. That's blatantly
obvious, but also irrelevant since there is a simple test case that
shows quantization errors. The only thing that matters is what
ecasound actually does internally. There are multiple ways to convert
an int to a float.

-- Dan