Re: [ecasound] Problem with 2.7.0

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 18 2009 - 10:55:11 EEST

Hi,

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009, Pierre Lorenzon wrote:

> I installed 2.7.0 release and have following problem I had not
> with 2.6.0.
>
> Sound is played to fast and saturated as well ! When issuing

I've not been able to reproduce this, but sounds fairly serious.

Has anyone else seen this?

> $ ecasound -i:file.wav

Does the same happen with:

ecasound -i:file.wav -o:alsa,default

?

The source of the problem could be the change in global ecasoundrc file
(defaults set in the binary versus the conf file). In theory 2.7.0 could
be picking a different default on your setup, and that would lead to bad
audio. Sounds a bit farfetched, but for now I couldn't think of any other
explanation.

> OSC support is not compiled in 2.7.0 : could the problem come
> from that ?

How about liboil support, did you enable it ('ldd /usr/bin/ecasound'
should list liboil if support is enabled)? By default it's disabled.