Re: [ecasound] Transport information in text mode

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 03 2009 - 20:40:11 EEST

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 10:06:00AM +0200, laurent schwartz wrote:
> Hy everybody,
>
> Is there a way to display transport information (sec and msecs or
> beat/measure if synchronized with midi app like timidity) while recording an
> ecasound session ?

> I would like these informations in text mode to save CPU.
>
> Is it possible ?

Hi Laurent,

I can't say anything about using Timidity with Ecasound
since I have no experience with that. I'm curious how it
works.

I usually run Ecasound through Nama, a front end I've
written in Perl. Nama has an event system that periodically
executes a callback while the transport is running. It
could easily print the transport position on the console.
However, that is a whole application to learn.

You can read about it at http://ecmdr.infogami.com .

--
Joel Roth