Re: [ecasound] Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

From: Klaus Schulz <kls.schlz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 22 2009 - 20:49:02 EET

Kai.

Just played with -eadb. Works great. This Though I have some comments.

1. If I enter "positive" gain values starting at 0db. The new value
(0db+xdb) will be the new "0db". This is not OK. Typing again 0db will let
me stay at the current volume setting
2. My real problem is to find out about the actual volume level, see below
ecamonitor output after I have entered several commands:

### Chain operator status (chainsetup 'command-line-setup') ###
Chain "default":
        1. Amplify (dB): [1] gain-db -6.000, [2] channel 0.000
        2. Amplify (dB): [1] gain-db -6.000, [2] channel 0.000
        3. Amplify (dB): [1] gain-db 0.000, [2] channel 0.000

It would be great if I would have an indicator of the absolute sound level
somewhere, otherwise soundlevel control is like fishing in the dark. Above
ecamonitor output lists just the commands.
Would be great if I could read out the actual volume level in interactive
mode.

Cheers
Klaus