Re: [ecasound] Small install problem...

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 29 2009 - 21:43:33 EET

Hi,

Julien, answering to a couple of mails at once:

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Julien Claassen wrote:
> I had a small install problem with the latest git. The ecasound manual was
> obviously not built. At least it told me, that it couldn't install
> ecasound.1

Yikes, shouldn't happen. If this still occurs with current git, please
send me a log of "cd Documentation && gmake install".

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Julien Claassen wrote:
> I just wanted to report, the the latest git had a problem, when
> mixing. But I think something like this was discussed earlier. My

Hmm, could you provide a example case where this happens. I've made
changes to the audio sequencing code (playat, ewf-support, select), but no
changes to core mixing code, so this sounds a bit worrying.

> problem is, that some tracks are simply broken off at a certain point. I
> couldn't see any reason for it. the latest snapshot had problems finding
> some *_debug.la while compiling.

There was a problem causing this that affected "ecasound/pyecasound", but
if you get this error from some other subdirectory (or from pyecasound
with the latest git), let me know!