Re: [ecasound] ecasound stop unexpectedly... more info needed

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 03 2008 - 23:08:36 EEST

Hi,

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008, francis keyes wrote:

> I set the ECASOUND_LOGFILE environment variable and found this after about 5 seconds in
> operation:
>
> [OBJECTS ] (eca-control) command: q <17850>
>
> ...after which there are a bunch of messages that indicate ecasound is stoppng.  I definitely
> haven't programmed in that command.  Why would that show up?

one thing to check is JACK transport. By default ecasound reacts to
transport changes (i.e. when some other JACK client changes transport
state). You can disable this by issuing "cs-option
-G:jack,ecasound,notransport" at start.

So in your example client, when someone stops the transport, the example
client will break from the while loop. And when you call "eci_cleanup()"
in the end, that will internally send a "quit" to make the background
ecasound process to terminate.