Re: [ecasound] ecasound stop unexpectedly... more info needed

From: francis keyes <fkeymo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 04 2008 - 01:49:54 EEST

Thanks for the response Kai,

I'm not runnng any other jack software so I don't think this is an issue
with the jack Transport but I added your suggestion just to be safe.
I tested my example code an an older system I have access to and found that
it ran flawlessly. This older system is a Fedora Core 5 machine with the
following software versions:

kernel: 2.6.16-1.2080.16.rdt.rhfc5.ccrma
libecasoundc-2.4.6.1-1.fc5.ccrma
ecasound-devel-2.4.6.1-1.fc5.ccrma
ecasound-2.4.6.1-1.fc5.ccrma
jack-audio-connection-kit-0.101.1-12.fc5
qjackctl-0.2.20-5.fc5
jack-audio-connection-kit-devel-0.101.1-12.fc5
jack-audio-connection-kit-example-clients-0.101.1-12.fc5

Can you or anyone make sense of this? This application runs great on Fedora
5 machine with older ecasound versions but will not run on an updated Fedora
8 machine for more than about 10 seconds before Ecasound stops. What might
be causing this?

Thank so much for taking time to read this and offering any ideas you may
have,
Francis