[ecasound] ecasound stop unexpectedly... more info needed

From: francis keyes <fkeymo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 02 2008 - 21:00:56 EEST

Hi All,

I set the ECASOUND_LOGFILE environment variable and found this after about 5
seconds in operation:

[OBJECTS ] (eca-control) command: q <17850>

...after which there are a bunch of messages that indicate ecasound is
stoppng. I definitely haven't programmed in that command. Why would that
show up?

Thanks so much,
francis

Hi All,

I have a C program that uses libecasoundc to control 4 oscillators in
ecasound. I took a break from developing this for about a year. I have
recently returned to it and I'm finding that ecasound stops running very
early in the program, as checked and confirmed with the engine-status
command. A year ago this code was working very well on a Fedora core 5
machine with Planet ccrma kernel and whatever the latest ecasound release
was at the time. Now I am running Fedora 8 with ccrma but the same code
only runs for about 5 seconds before ecasound stops. How can I troubleshoot
this? Does anyone know what the problem might be? Is there any way to see
why ecasound stops?...log file?
Thanks a lot,
Francis

Current system info: