Re: [ecasound] JACK support reads 'yes' during configure, but no jack in registered audio object types

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 26 2008 - 20:38:11 EEST

Hi,

On Thu, 22 May 2008, Mike Solomon wrote:

> So I just compiled ecasound on my Mac OS X (10.4.11 PowerPC) and it gave
> me the following message during my configure:
[...]
> JACK support: yes
[...]
> However, when I try to use jack in my output, it says:
>
> "Audio object 'jack' does not match any of the known audio device types or
> file formats. You can check the list of supported audio object types by
> issuing the command 'aio-register' in ecasound's interactive mode."

it seems ecasound couldn't load the JACK plugin for some reason (missing
symbols, incorrect plugin path, etc). In configure, only presence of
<jack/jack.h> is checked. This is unfortunately not a 100% guarantee that
the plugin will work (as the plugins are loaded at runtime and problems
such as missing symbols are only catched at that point).

But, but, ecasound should spew out some errors when you run it with '-ddd'
(the log is quite long, so you could email it to me privately and I'll
take a look).