[ecasound] JACK support reads 'yes' during configure, but no jack in registered audio object types

From: Mike Solomon <mikesol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 22 2008 - 10:10:17 EEST

Hey ecasounders,
    So I just compiled ecasound on my Mac OS X (10.4.11 PowerPC) and it gave
me the following message during my configure:

JACK support: yes

also

Extra libs: -ljack

    However, when I try to use jack in my output, it says:

"Audio object 'jack' does not match any of the known audio device types or
file formats. You can check the list of supported audio object types by
issuing the command 'aio-register' in ecasound's interactive mode."

And then when I run aio-register nothing jack-related shows up. Am I
missing something? If I need to recompile it, is there something specific I
need to do to get it to see jack in addition to what it reports in the
summary? Thanks for your help!

~Mike