Re: [ecasound] Audio::Ecasound

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 16 2007 - 09:05:18 EET

On Sun, Dec 16, 2007 at 02:13:34PM +1100, Brad Bowman wrote:

> I haven't used the module myself in a while but will take a look
> at this problem when I get a chance.
>
> Brad

Brad, it's great for me, as an active user and many others I am sure
that are writing their scripts with Audio::Ecasound.

I'm unclear about the internals of Ecasound, thinking that
if the I/O were flexible enough, it might go many of the places
that Perl does.

I find it convenient that I can have several
engines at once, opening the possibility to have once
a separate channel to a set of headphones, for example,
voice synthesized status info as an alternative to screen-gazing.

I expect in the near future, nay fortell and prophesize,
that a growing portion of the world's budget of electrons
for audio reproduction will flow through the software
abstractions of Ecasound.

Thanks for having Audio::Ecasound out there on CPAN for us to
tinker with.

--
Joel Roth