[ecasound] scripting plus jack

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Mon Sep 24 2007 - 13:01:26 EEST

Hi all!
  I narrowed down my problem. If I started:
ecasound --daemon &
  and then loaded a chainsetup via cs-load and want to use jack_connect it
tells me:
cannot connect ports.
  If I have a look at jack's output it says:
cannot connect ports owned by inactive clients; "ecasound" is not active
  I tried starting ecasound on a different console without the "&" appended.
But with no more luck.
  After loading my chainsetup I issued:
cs-select cls # it's the correct cs-name
cs-connect # tells me everything is fine
engine-launch # no visible problems here.
  Then after 1sec pause I issue the jack_connect.
  What is happening here? Any ideas, how I can get ecasound to be an active
jack_client?
  Kindest regards
        Julien

--------