[ecasound] libecasoundc errors

From: sara lidgey <slidgey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 27 2007 - 06:34:40 EEST

Hi All,

I'm getting this error from libecasoundc:

(ecasoundc_sa) Error='read() error', cmd='c-select mychain' last_error='' cmd_cnt=142 last_cnt=141.

* Message from libecasoundc:
*
* Connection to the processing engine was lost. Check that ecasound
* is correctly installed. Also make sure that ecasound is either
* in some directory listed in PATH, or the environment variable
* 'ECASOUND' contains the path to a working ecasound executable.

The thing that has me stumped is that I don't think its my application because it runs fine on another machine with the exact same version of ecasound and libecasoundc.
Does anyone know what might be causing this?
I'm using ecasoundv2.4.4 on Fedora core 5... but I get the same error when I upgrade to v2.4.6
The error appears right away. The program doesn't work at all on this machine.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!