Re: [ecasound] FutureEcaSound: automating my workflow with Lisp

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 24 2007 - 02:46:56 EET

Hello,

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007, David O'Toole wrote:

> I am getting into ecasound, and I would like to start up the old
> "SuperEcasound" discussion that happened on the list wayyyy back.

thanks for starting up the discussion again!

> I have used Ardour a lot the last year or so, and have built up many
> hours of sessions. However I'm realizing a few things about my usage

Now that's a first -- I think you are the first one here, moving to
Ecasound from the Ardour camp! :) Oh well, that's probably a very positive
indicator that Ardour has become a relatively mature project.

> 1. I hardly use anything beyond the very basics of ardour's
> feature-set. Our band's style is about capturing the music as it
> happens, and throwing away whole takes if it doesn't work. I have
> no use for punch-in/punch out, really complex automations, or
> sequencing of loops (i.e. Ableton Live type stuff.)

That's exactly the mode of working I'm most confortable with, and also the
approach that has been the guiding use-case in ecasound development!